TCIS training opportunity for Parents
The Staten Island Field Support Center is having 3 Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Schools (TCIS) Certification courses on 12 Saturdays. TCIS is a four-day certification course developed by Cornell University. This course is designed to provide training and support to all school personnel focusing on de-escalation techniques as a method of prevention, and as a means of addressing unwanted behaviors the moment they surface. Please review your calendar carefully before reserving a seat in one of the cohorts below.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be certified practitioners of TCIS and will be able to:
- Proactively prevent and/or de-escalate potential crisis situations with students
- Process the crisis event with students to help improve their coping strategies
- Manage crisis situations to reduce the risk of harm to all students and staff
This is a certification course. Therefore, all participants are required to take a competency test at the completion of the training that includes multiple choice as well as fill in questions as well as a role-play evaluation. Details will be shared at the beginning of the training. Staff must attend all four days to receive certification.
Funding will not be provided for participation but staff will receive 23 hours of CTLE.
ALL TRAININGS WILL BE AT PETRIDES COMPLEX BUILDING “A” ROOM 212 STARTING PROMPTLY AT 8:30AM
Cohort “B” March 3,10,17,24, 2018 (priority will be given to parents/guardians of your community)
Seats are extremely limited. To register you must email me at email@example.com. You will then receive a confirmation email and attachments which you will need to review before attending the cohort for which you have registered. If you have not received an email from me confirming the cohort you will be attending, please let me know ASAP.
Please review attachment for more information. TCIS Introduction to Course revised 12--1-17.pdf
Parent YOU-NIVERSITY at Medgar Evers College February 8, 2018
Click here Pipeline_you-niversity 002.pdf for the flyer
Important message about School yard Construction
Due to ongoing construction on the roof we will continue to have scaffolding around the building for the foreseeable future. This will affect arrival and dismissal for some students. The following changes will be in place until further notice.
- In the morning the 4th and 5th grade students will enter the building and go to the cafeteria
- 1st grade and 2nd grade will be dismissed from the Wardwell school yard.
- 3rd grade will be dismissed from exit 12 which is next to the Wardwell schoolyard.
- Pre-k, Kindergarten, 4th and 5th grade dismissal is unaffected.
- The playground on Fiske Avenue will be closed until the repairs are complete.
I know that this is an inconvenience, but please bear with us while we complete these repairs to ensure the safety of our students and all members of our school community. If you any questions or concerns, please reach out to the school at 718-442-0462. As I receive more information I will share it with you. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please have your child try our FREE Breakfast Program daily from 7:15 am to 8 am.
Please click the link for the menu http://www.schoolfoodnyc.org/schoolfood/MenusDailyDisplay.aspx
Stop and Shop School Rewards
Register your Stop and Shop card to earn cash for P.S. 30 (ID# 15643)
- Visit www.stopandshop.com/aplus and scroll down to the center of the page to select REGISTER YOUR CARD from the red box on the right marked FOR CUSTOMERS; or,
- Call the A+ School Rewards Hotline at 1-877-275-2758 for assistance; or,
- Email the A+ Hotline. Please include the last name associated with your Stop & Shop Card, your 13-digit Stop & Shop Card number and our school name and school ID number* of our school (or the name, city and state in which the school is located) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.* If you are supporting more than one (1) school, please include the ID numbers for both schools (or the names, cities and states of your schools.
Click link for full details.
Statement on Accessibility
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Alan Ihne to request assistance.